September 30, 2022

NORTH KOREA OBAMA BACKS DOWN

Read Time:53 Second

Image

President Obama has decided to tone down his administration’s rhetoric and dial back their response to North Korean threats, according to the Wall Street Journal:

 

The U.S. is putting a pause to what several officials described as a step-by-step plan the Obama administration approved earlier this year, dubbed “the playbook,” that laid out the sequence and publicity plans for U.S. shows of force during annual war games with South Korea. The playbook included well-publicized flights in recent weeks near North Korea by nuclear-capable B-52 and stealth B-2 bombers, as well as advanced F-22 warplanes.

The U.S. stepped back from the plans this week, as U.S. officials began to worry that the North, which has a small nuclear arsenal and an unpredictable new leader, may be more provoked than the U.S. had intended, the officials said.

“The concern was that we were heightening the prospect of misperceptions on the part of the North Koreans, and that that could lead to miscalculations,” a senior administration official said.

About Post Author

felastory

We bring you the News. Politics. Fashion. Lifestyle. Religion. Economics. Sports. Debunking Conspiracy Theories. Support independent journalism. Visit Shop.
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

This is a Public Square. Please leave a comment

Previous post ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEMPHIS
Next post MASS PRESS STATEMENT ON THE PROPOSED AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM