In Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s hit song ‘Beast of No Nation.’ Thatcher was described as an ‘Animal in human skin.’ This was 1986.
ONE DAY GO BE ONE DAY
Former British Prime Minister Maggie Thatcher one of the Beasts of No Nation has died following a stroke. She was 87 years old. A relic of the ‘Cold War’ she was friends with Ronald Reagan of the United States and PW Botha of apartheid South Africa.
Her Legacy lives on in the form of more taxes on the common British people.
The Battle of Trafalgar Square March 1990
The Poll Tax Riots were a series of mass disturbances, or riots, in British towns and cities during protests against the Community Charge (commonly known as the poll tax), introduced by the Conservative government led by Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. By far the largest occurred in central London on Saturday 31 March 1990, shortly before the tax was due to come into force in England and Wales.
The disorder in London arose from a demonstration which began at 11am. The violent confrontations between the Metropolitan Police Service and demonstrators ended up in rampaging and looting that ended at 3am the next morning. This unrest is sometimes called the Battle of Trafalgar, particularly by opponents of the Community Charge, because much of the rioting took place in Trafalgar Square.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
https://videopress.com/v/zuoM618O?resizeToParent=true&cover=true&posterUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ffelastory.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F10%2Fghaddafi_mov_std.original.jpg&preloadContent=metadata Before NATO intervention oil production was 1.6 million barrels per day After the intervention and overthrow of Colonel Muammar...