Matthew Kukah the Bishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese dares President Buhari to reveal the names of sponsors of the terrorist group Boko Haram
The Roman Catholic bishop of Sokoto Diocese Matthew Hassan Kukah dared the President of Nigeria to reveal the names of the sponsors of Boko Haram. The eminent bishop made this statement after the Federal Government resolved not to reveal the names of the terrorist sponsors.
“The Federal Government has told us it is not ready to publicise the names of those funding Boko Haram. We cannot go on like this . Questioning existential threats to humanity is what the apostolate we priests are called to. We know that this road is dangerous, it is rocky, it is treacherous, it takes lives, but it is all too familiar. The bodies and the emotions of men and women are irretrievably broken. Our people fleeing their homes after over ten years , have now turned refugee camps into their habitats. Our identity as citizens is being traded for the status of migrants and refugees.” the bishop said while wiping tears from his eyes.
This statement by the Rev. Kukah comes after unknown bandits launched a vociferous attack on a village in Zamfara state which killed over 21 people. The village Kurya Madaro is about 51 kilometres from the state capital Gusau where the state governor Alhaji Bello Matawalle had reportedly spent N4.8 billion in fortifying Government House his official residence.
Source: New Dawn and NAN
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)