Nigerian Ministry of Interior releases mug shots of escaped inmates
The Nigerian Ministry of Interior on Saturday released the mug shots of escaped inmates from the Abolongo medium custodial centre in Oyo state.
The prisoners escaped when unknown gunmen stormed the medium security prison on October 22. Rauf Aregbesola minister of interior said a total of 907 inmates escaped custody. 446 have been recaptured and 392 still on the run.
The wanted posters were released on the Ministry of Interior Facebook page.
“Names and faces of wanted persons who escaped from the Oyo Custodial Centre on Friday, October 22, 2021,” the post reads.
“Please note that these persons are dangerous! Kindly contact the nearest police station or security agency close to you when you sight any of these persons. Note: It is a crime punishable under the law to render any form of assistance to these persons.”
Aregbesola vowed that all the fleeing inmates would be brought back dead or alive.
He said their data would be forwarded to Interpol and border posts all over the work to stop them from going into other countries.
Our correspondent who monitored the post noticed that all the inmates are all awaiting trial.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on X (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Nextdoor (Opens in new window)