LEEDS FACES HOUSING SHORTAGE
Leeds faces shortfall of 300 new homes every year
The Liberal Democrat councillor for Rothwell ward, Stewart Golton has complained in a report to the Leeds City Council administration that the council has failed to provide the promised 300 new homes a year.
At the council meeting yesterday, the councillor blamed poor management of the housing growth program which has led to less homes being built. Even the company responsible for building abandoned its role before the ink on the contract dried.
Golton noted that the tendency to accept money from developers, dependence on private developers and city centre schemes had failed to provide cheap city wide housing.
He then called on the council to ensure that affordable housing is built within individual local communities in every council ward in the next five years.
About Post Author
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
Do Not Try
Russia warns the United Kingdom about supplying Kiev with "depleted uranium" munitions saying it will respond in kind making the...
Government Takes Control of Mobile Network
The UK Government will take control of the country's mobile network for 10 seconds to test alerts warning the public...
Australia to buy five nuclear powered submarines from a UK-US partnership China accuses AUKUS of nuclear proliferation Canberra’s plan to...
Stopping the Migrant Invasion
British PM seeking distraction from the cost of living crisis and his support for neo-nazi regime in Kiev goes after...
Fake Nigerian Don Sacked
Nigerian author Onyeka Nwelue who paraded himself as a professor on social media sacked by Oxford University for fraud Onyeka...
UK Food Banks Under Historic Pressure
More than 90% of UK food banks are under unprecedented strain due to demands from struggling families as food corporations...