Nigerian afrobeats star David Adeleke aka Davido raises over $350,000 for birthday after appeal
Davido has received over $350,000 (142 million Naira) in birthday donations in the last 24 hours after appealing for money on his social media account.
The popular singer who turns 28 on November 21 posted on Instagram to ask friends to each send him $25,000. He said. “We rise by lifting others abi me i don dey rise and lift others up for the past 10 years. So I want to know who my friends are. All my friends one one million naira. They say we are 30 BG (30 billion for account) if you don’t send your own. You are out of here. You are gone.”
The singer then opened a Wema bank account and posted the details on his social media feed and the internet became broke. The online version of spraying money at Nigerian big parties began. It can be recalled that earlier in the year billionaire entrepreneur Obi Cubana started the trend of asking friends for money for celebrations.
Davido’s rich friends like BB Naija’s Nnegi, Peruzzi, Teni, Mr Eazi, Cubana Chief Priest, Obi Cubana and E Money started wiring him money.
As of the time of writing, Davido is still raking in donations from friends and fans.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on X (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Nextdoor (Opens in new window)