Donates entire $350k birthday gift to Nigerian orphanages
Nigerian afrobeats star David Adeleke aka Davido has donated the entire $350,000 dollars he received in 48 hours to Nigerian orphanages.
In a press statement released today, Davido expressed gratitude to friends, colleagues, fans and the general public for their show of support and love, by sending him $350,000 through an Instagram appeal for his birthday celebration.
He has now pledged to donate the funds to orphanages across the length and breadth of Nigeria including make a personal donation of $50,000 bringing the total amount donated to $400,000.
A disbursement committee has been set up and includes eminent Nigerians from the six geo political zones. They are;
- Mrs Titilayo Adebayo Chairman
- Professor Jonathan Nwosu Secretary
- Professor Yahanna Joel Asabe
- Pastor Dr Oyalabu
- Professor Uloma Onuoha
The committee is now tasked with drawing up a list of orphanages, number of children and their needs. Davido in the statement to assure Nigerians that it’s not a publicity stunt the orphanages names will be made public and amount of funds awarded. This will then go to Wema Bank where the $400k is held for account verification and disbursement.
Davido went on to add that it is his goal to do this every year on his birthday and give back to people in need. Like he said We rise by lifting others. The singer turns 29 November 21.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)