Female student stoned and burnt to death for insulting Prophet Mohammed in Sokoto
Freedom of speech has apparently cost a female student of the Shehu Shagari College of Education in Sokoto her life following allegations of insulting the Prophet Muhammed on campus on Thursday. The victim was identified as Deborah Emmanuel.
Fanatical Muslim students reportedly dragged her out of her hostel bed Thursday morning and began the vicious attack resulting in her untimely death.
The Shehu Shagari College of Education in a special announcement said the college management has decided to close the campus immediately following Thursday’s morning rampage on campus to avoid further loss of life and property.
Aminu W. Tambuwal the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor of Sokoto state is yet to issue a statement and neither could the Sokoto State Police Command be reached for comments.
About Post Author
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
Lagosians Will Liberate Lagos
The Labour Party gubernatorial candidate for Lagos Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour vows to seek legal redress as he begins collation of evidence...
Confusion in Tinubu’s Camp
Nigeria's "President-Elect" Bola Tinubu whose victory is being contested in court suffered a mild heart attack after reading Peter Obi's...
United States confirms widespread violence and voter suppression during the gubernatorial elections in the Nigerian states of Lagos and Kano...
Excerpts of the People's Petition Nigeria's President's Elect Bola Tinubu's alleged narcotic trafficking links which disqualifies him from contesting for...
The People’s Petition
In prayers to the tribunal Labour Party's presidential candidate alleges that Nigeria's president elect Bola Tinubu had links to narcotics...
Another Failed Election
European Union observer mission says Saturday's gubernatorial and state assemblies elections in Nigeria were tainted by government organised violence which...