Atiku emerges Peoples Democratic Party presidential flagbearer
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar former Customs officer of the 53 suitcases controversy and suspected of embezzling $125 million when he was Vice President of Nigeria in the early 2000s has emerged the presidential flagbearer for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party Convention late Saturday.
At the Moshood Abiola Stadium where he emerged winner, he called the PDP primaries the freest and a well fought fight.
“Let me also use this opportunity to call on my fellow contestants and to assure them that I am ready to cooperate and work with them and give them a sense of belonging in this party and our next government. Therefore, my fellow compatriots, I want to appreciate your efforts in deepening our democratic processes in this party. It was a well fought primary election. So, I commend you for that and I look forward to working with you very closely. So that together we can build this party to a level where we can take over the government,” Abubakar said.
Vowing to unite the country, bring economic prosperity and tackle the security challenges he said. “I am going to deal decisively ith our security challenges in this country. I also pledge to confront our economic challenges, which were caused by the APC government. The PDP made Nigeria one of the most prosperous countries on the African continent.”
“We implemented economic reforms that brought about jobs, and prosperity in this country, the gains have been wiped out, I pledge to return them.” He added.
Nigeria holds its presidential elections in 2023.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on X (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Nextdoor (Opens in new window)