Nigeria’s ruling party presidential flagbearer jets off to London
The Nigerian All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Alhaji Bola Tinubu and his running mate, Senator Alhaji Kashim Shettima, on Saturday left Nigeria for London, the United Kingdom for much needed rest and recuperation. Nigerians became aware of the secret trip Monday.
The penchant for rich Nigerians to take a “deserved rest” in either the United States, Europe or the United Arab Emirates is become alarming due to the falling value of the Naira. Trips such as this runs into millions of Naira when converted from the US dollar $1-700 Nigerian Naira. On Friday, two serving governors Nyesom Wike of oil rich Rivers and Samuel Ortom of Benue State travelled to London.
On Sunday, the Director of Media and Publicity for Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, Bayo Onanuga, confirmed that his principal took a break. According to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) timetable, electoral campaigns kick off September 28.
“He only took a week break for vacation,” he said.
He added that Tinubu’s campaign might begin on October 8.
“Although the campaign will flag off on October 8, we will kick off the stipulated September 28 date with a prayer in all the APC branches nationwide.
Rumours are rife that Tinubu went for another medical treatment as he is believed to be suffering from Parkinson’ disease and urinary incontinence.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)