Russian MOD says Ukrainian sabotage group that infiltrated the Belgorod region have been completely destroyed
Moscow has condemned Kiev’s latest attack on Russia’s Belgorod Region, accusing its armed forces of carrying out terrorist acts against the civilian population. The comments came after a Ukrainian saboteur group launched a raid into the district of Grayvoron on Monday, injuring at least eight locals.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Russian Defense Ministry said a Ukrainian nationalist unit had crossed the border following intensive artillery shelling of an international checkpoint and civilian targets in the Grayvoronsky district of Belgorod Region.
“The Kiev regime, having suffered a defeat in the city of Artyomovsk [known as Bakhmut in Ukraine], switched to the implementation of terrorist actions against the civilian population,” the Russian Defense Ministry said, describing Monday’s attack.
The unit, however, was completely destroyed in the course of a counter-terrorist operation, the ministry stated. It added that the Ukrainian nationalists had been defeated by airstrikes, artillery fire, and the actions of border guards from the Western Military District.
“The remnants of the nationalists were driven back to the territory of Ukraine, where they continued to be hit until they were completely eliminated,” the ministry reported. It claimed that over 70 Ukrainian terrorists, four armored combat vehicles, and five pickup trucks had been destroyed in the process.
The ministry also published a video purportedly showing the destruction of the Ukrainian saboteur group.
Officials in Kiev have distanced themselves from the Belgorod raid, claiming it was staged exclusively by the so-called ‘Freedom of Russia Legion’ and the ‘Russian Volunteer Corps’ (RDK) – a neo-Nazi group said to be composed of far-right militants.
A similar attack took place in early March in Russia’s Bryansk Region, leaving two civilians dead. The RDK claimed direct responsibility for the incident at the time, but also stated that Ukrainian authorities had directly “signed off” on the operation.
About Post Author
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
Russian Region Flooded
Kherson Region flooded after Ukrainian cannon artillery and HIMARS missile destroyed hydroelectric dam's floodgates The Kakhovka hydroelectric dam in Russia’s...
Dead or Alive?
Kiev denies its intelligence chief Kirill Budanov was killed in a Russian airstrike dismisses reports of his death as "disinformation"...
FBI Spy Found Dead
Robert Hanssen a former FBI agent who spied for the Soviet Union and later Russia for more than 20 years...
Forced to Retreat
Ukrainian forces on counter offensive in the Donbass forced to retreat by Russian forces after failing to breakthrough defence lines...
Ready for the Bloodbath
Ukrainian President says the counteroffensive is ready warns of bloodbath as Russia updates its mobilisation system creating 280 combat units...
Kiev Thwarted Again
Russian Defence Ministry says two Kiev mechanised infantry teams attempting to invade Russian border town were neutralised Russian forces have...